1. Definition of Personal Information
2. Use of Personal Information
We may use your personal information to:
- Provide our services
- Send out notices and support inquiries regarding our services
- Send out notices regarding our products and services
- Handle matters regarding any breach of policies and terms and conditions of our services (hereinafter referred to as “Terms and Conditions”)
- Notify changes made in the Terms and Conditions
- Improve our existing services as well as develop new services
- Create statistics related to our services in a form that preserves privacy
- For other purposes that pertain to any of the above
3. Change in Use of Personal Information
We may change the use of personal information to the extent that it is reasonably considered to be relevant to do so, and such changes shall be disclosed to you.
4. Restrictions on the Use of Personal Information
We shall not use your personal information beyond the scope to achieve the purpose of use without your consent unless it is allowed by the APPI or other laws and regulations. Provided, however, this does not apply to the following cases.
- When pursuant to laws
- When it is necessary to do so to protect the life, safety or property of an individual and when obtaining your consent is difficult.
- When it is necessary to do so, especially to improve public health or to promote the sound upbringing of children and when obtaining your consent is difficult.
- When a national government organization, a local government, or a party consigned by one of those parties needs our cooperation to perform duties required by law and when obtaining consent from you may impede the execution of these affairs.
5. Appropriate Acquisition of Personal Information
We shall acquire personal information properly and never by deception or wrongful means.
6. Safe Management of Personal Information
We shall provide necessary and appropriate supervision to our employees to ensure the safe management of personal information against risks such as loss, destruction, alteration or leakage. In addition, in case of outsourcing all or part of the handling of personal information, we shall provide necessary and appropriate supervision over the contractor to ensure the safe management of personal information.
7. Provision to Third Parties
We shall not provide your personal information to third parties without your prior consent unless approved by the APPI or other laws and regulations. Provided, however, below cases do not apply to the provision to third parties stated above.
- When we provide personal information within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use to outsource all or part of the handling of personal information.
- When personal information is provided with succession of business due to merger or other reasons.
- When the personal information shall be jointly used under the provisions of the APPI.
8. Disclosure of Personal Information
When we receive a request from a customer to disclose personal information under the provisions of the APPI, we shall disclose this information without delay after confirming that the request is made by the customer themself. (If there is no applicable information, we shall notify accordingly.) Provided, however, this does not apply to cases where we are not responsible for disclosing personal information by the APPI or other laws and regulations.
9. Correction of Personal Information
When we are requested by a customer, under the provisions of the APPI, to correct, add or delete (hereinafter referred to as “corrections”) their personal information due to it not being true, we shall conduct an investigation without delay within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use after confirming that the request is made by the customer themself. Based on the results of the investigation, we shall make corrections to the personal information and notify the customer (If we decide not to make any corrections, we shall notify accordingly). Provided, however, this does not apply to cases where we are not responsible for corrections of the personal information by the APPI or other laws and regulations.
10. Suspension of Use of Personal Information
When we are requested by a customer, under the provisions of the APPI, to suspend the use of or delete their personal information due to reasons such as it being utilized beyond the scope of use disclosed in advance or it being acquired by deception or wrongful means, and when the request is identified as reasonable, we shall suspend or delete the personal information without delay after confirming that the request is made by the customer themself, and notify accordingly. Provided, however, this does not apply to cases where we are not responsible for suspending or deleting the personal information by the APPI or other laws and regulations.
These technologies are useful for understanding the situation of the utilization of our services, and help to improve our services. Users who wish to disable cookies may do so by changing their web browser settings. Provided, however, disabling cookies may prevent you from using some of the functions of our services.
We use Google Analytics provided by Google LCC in our services to research and analyze the situation of the utilization of our services. For how Google Analytics collects and processes data and any other details regarding Google Analytics, please visit their website.
Google Analytics Terms of Service：
How Google uses information from sites or apps that use their services：
If you do not wish for Google Analytics to use your data, please download and install Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provided by Google.
Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on： https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
This service enables the “Google Analytics Advertising Features” and uses third party cookies such as DoubleClick Cookies to improve the advertisements and websites by implementing below functions.
Remarketing with Google Analytics
Demographics and Interest Reports in Google Analytics
These functions enable our service to use Google Analytics cookies to make an analysis to roughly grasp your age, gender, browsing history and preferences about our services.
If you do not wish to use “Google Analytics Advertising Features”, you can disable tracking by changing the settings. You can download and install Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on to disable tracking.
For inquiries regarding disclosure, comments, questions, complaints or any other handling of personal information, please reach out to the contact information included in our “Act on Specified Commercial Transactions,” or contact us via the inquiry form on our website.
13. Continuous Improvement